Sudoku Help - Changes in this version
This page lists all the new features, enhancements and fixes since the last released version. For a full list of updates and current version information please visit our web site Upgrade page. To check for an update use the Help | Update Check command.
Version 5.6, Jan 2021.
The following fixes have been applied:
- Fix for installation interference by virus checking software
- Take out dependency on MFC80.DLL from installer
- Installer Help button did not show help - gave error message
- Multiple squares can be selected by CTRL+mouse drag rather than CTRL+click on each square
- Improved naming of puzzle elements in appearance editing
- Support Q,W,E,R,T,Y as alternative keys for marking colors of squares
- If change a tentative possibility that is not currently shown flash the square
- Extend allocation counts by an extra square on possibility bar
- Support CTRL-Y as alternate for redoing previous allocation
- Change the 'abstract symbols' so they do not display surrounding boxes
- The puzzle complete sound could not be customized
- Improve display of possibility toolbar by removing anti-aliasing artifacts
- Can allocate a square by mouse dragging an allocated square to an unallocated one
- If select multiple squares changing the tentative possibilities cleared the multiple selection
- The '=' key now temporarily highlights all the squares relating to it - column, row, region, diagonal
- If a 'blank' puzzle was created it may have 'inherited' the symbols used in the previous puzzle.
- Update help and tutorials for new features.
- For puzzles of over size 9. the CTRL+ALT+0 and CTRL+ALT+SHFT+A..F did not function.
- Use a cross-hatch selection background for selected squares than have been marked with a color.
- If select multiple squares with different tentative possibilities use a clearer indicator of 'indeterminate' state on the checkboxes in possibilities panel.
Copyright © 2005-2021 Sudoku Dragon