‘Hook’ or ‘X-Y Wing’ Sudoku puzzle solving guide
As a last resort for solving really difficult puzzles, when you have tried everything else, the Hook (or X-Y Wing) may come to the rescue.
It is the complete Sudoku package, including hints, guides, and many new puzzle types. Download our Sudoku puzzle solver for a free 23 day trial.
At the incredible value of just $9 SudokuDragon offers forever usage (no subscription, no adverts), download for free trial here.
- Index of available guides
- Only Choice rule for gentle puzzles
- Only Square rule for gentle puzzles
- Single Possibility rule for gentle puzzles
- Two out of Three strategy for gentle puzzles
- Shared Subgroup rule for gentle and moderate puzzles
- Naked Twin rule for moderate puzzles
- Hidden Twin rule for tough puzzles
- X Wing rule for tough puzzles
- Swordfish rule for tough puzzles
- Alternate Pair rule for very tough puzzles
- Hook rule for very tough puzzles
- Trial and error rule for any puzzle
- Solving a gentle puzzle step by step
- Gentle puzzle solved using Only Choice and Only Square
- Moderate puzzle solved using some Twin and Sub-group logic
- Challenging puzzle solved using Hook and Sub-group logic
- Running a Dragon Tutorial
- Choosing a Dragon Tutorial
Copyright © 2005-2021 Sudoku Dragon